Re: [GENERAL] Curiousity about indexing, again

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Curiousity about indexing, again
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 07:11 +0300 on 05/07/1999, Felix Morley Finch wrote:

> Adding "where 'now' > stmp" (stmp is type datetime) tricks the optimizer
> appropriately.  However, it only does so for "order by stmp".  If I
> use "order by stmp DESC", explain says it will have to sort before
> doing the index scan.

Hmm. It strikes me that if "where 'now' > stmp" helped you with an
ascending sort, something like "where '-infinity' < stmp" should help you
with a descending sort. But this is merely a shot in the dark.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma